By Common Consent has a neat post about a new cemetery in Austria that will have a section exclusively for Mormons. Apparently there will be a statue in the centre that shows Christ bringing someone through the veil. Although this is obviously temple-related, there doesn’t seem to be anything temple-specific shown on the statue. I think it’s neat. It reminds of some of the pictures I’ve seen of old headstones in cemeteries in Utah where you see a lot of symbolism of the temple (I couldn’t find the pictures when I did a quick search… if you know of any sites that show these, please link to it). These days our headstones are pretty basic (maybe even dull). I wonder why that has changed over the years.
- Patricia Orme on Official web sites of The Church
- Graham on No more asking for referrals at Church historical sites?
- Seeking Goodness (@seekgood) on No more asking for referrals at Church historical sites?
- No more asking for referrals at Church historical sites? | Mormonopia on My report from the Palmyra Pageant
- General Conference October 2013 | Junior Ganymede on True Shepherds – President Monson speaks about Home Teaching