Well, another General Conference has come and gone. There were no “Wow!” talks for me this year. This isn’t to say that they were boring or that they wouldn’t have affected anyone. There are definitely things that I will work harder on now. I’ve made my notes (obviously), and we’ll have lots to choose from for the 4th Sunday lessons.
I loved Elder Ballard’s talk during the Priesthood Session (suggestions for sons and fathers to get along better). As always, I also enjoyed the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing was beautiful, as was O, Divine Redeemer.
One last time I’ll comment on how great the Move Networks player is. Perfect! It just amazes me that I can sit in my living room and watch General Conference in something close to HD on my living room TV. This might be normal for many parts of the United States, but not here.
It was neat hearing Sister Dibb mention our city by name. I drive by or over the Garden City Skyway almost every day. It is kind of neat to think that I’m the bishop of the ward whose city was mentioned by name in General Conference.
Watching/participating in General Conference reaffirms my testimony. I love the Church, and love its teachings and principles. It is true!
Read the recaps and other notes from the 179th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- 179th Semiannual General Conference – Pre-conference notes
- 179th Semiannual General Conference – Saturday Morning Session
- 179th Semiannual General Conference – Saturday Afternoon Session
- 179th Semiannual General Conference – Priesthood Session
- 179th Semiannual General Conference – Sunday Morning Session
- 179th Semiannual General Conference – Sunday Afternoon Session
- 179th Semiannual General Conference – Post-conference notes