Another conference has come and gone. It was excellent. I enjoyed almost all of the talks, and definitely felt the Spirit. In fact, when President Monson announced the change in the missionary service age, I felt a rush of the Holy Spirit. I wasn’t hoping for a change and therefore wasn’t expecting a change, but it was a welcome change. The feeling of the Spirit I felt was quite unexpected, but wonderful!
It always good to hear from all 15 of our prophet, seers, and revelators. Some of the men are obviously suffering with health challenges, but it is wonderful to see them and hear them. President Packer looked pretty good. Elder Hales looked way better than he did a year ago. At that time he seemed incredibly frail, and kind of puffy. I’m not sure if he was taking some steroids for something, but he looks more like his normal self than before. It was nice to see.
Elder Oaks sure spoke with authority when he spoke about caring for children, and Elder Holland sure spoke with passion about Christ and the need for disciples.
Probably my favourite line in conference was Elder Andersen who said that doctrine is taught by all 15 prophets, seers, and revelators, not in one line in one talk to one group. It was a good definition.
There has definitely been lots for me to think about over the coming months. I resolve to do better.
Read the recaps and other notes from the 182nd Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- 182nd Semiannual General Conference – Pre-conference notes
- 182nd Semiannual General Conference – Saturday Morning General Session
- 182nd Semiannual General Conference – Saturday Afternoon General Session
- 182nd Semiannual General Conference – Priesthood Session
- 182nd Semiannual General Conference – Press Conference Regarding Lower Missionary Service Age
- 182nd Semiannual General Conference – Sunday Morning General Session
- 182nd Semiannual General Conference – Sunday Afternoon General Session
- 182nd Semiannual General Conference – Post-conference notes