We went to the chapel tonight to watch the broadcast. It is my middle child/youngest son’s first time at conference. There was a bit of a social beforehand where we could have subs and chips.
Afterwards we went to Boston Pizza for more food. It’s a great tradition!
President Henry B Eyring conducted
The invocation was offered by Elder Paul B Pieper
The choir sang Love at Home
Elder Jeffrey R Holland
- Home teaching… we struggle anywhere near an acceptable level of performance
- Some people have 18-20 families
- In the best of all worlds, a monthly visit in each home is still the ideal we’re striving for
- Read from a First Presidency letter from 2001
- Use the resources available
- Visit the house of each home, no matter how many months it would take us
- Prioritize our time with those who need us the most
- If you can’t visit, make contact in any way you can
- Watch for them at Church, make calls, send emails/texts
- Lift your visit of home teaching
- In newer, better ways, see youselves as emmisaries of the Lord
Elder Le Grand Curtis Jr
- Told the story of how the Church had been “freeze’d” out of Ghana
- Shared several stories of how some Ghana members found the Church
- Some people have experiences like Parley P Pratt, while most people have smaller, but still powerful experiences
- A testimony of the Book of Mormon can come slowly
The choir and congregation sang Now Let Us Rejoice
President Dieter F Uchtdorf
- He recounted the story of Alma the younger
- What can I learn from Alma?
- How am I like Amulek?
- Like Alma, to be successful, you must find your Amuleks
- Who needs a call to action?
- Who has the Lord been preparing? Find them by seeing with your heart!
- Listen with your heart and follow the promptings of the Spirit
- If the Lord calls, will I hear?
- Seek out, find, inspire, and rely upon the Amuleks
President Henry B Eyring
- The Lord grants his power to those of all priesthood offices who worthily serve in their duties
- The Aaronic Priesthood is an appendage of the Melchizedek Priesthood. They are connected.
- The AP prepares YM for a more sacred trust
President Thomas S Monson
- Spoke of the Word of Wisdom
- Told a story about someone in the war who had been given added strength and stamina
- The Word of Wisdom is a divinely provided plan
The choir sang You Can Make the Pathway Bright
The benediction was offered by Elder Bruce D Porter
- 186th Semiannual General Conference – Pre-conference notes
- 186th Semiannual General Conference – General Session Women’s Session
- 186th Semiannual General Conference – Saturday Morning General Session
- 186th Semiannual General Conference – Saturday Afternoon General Session
- 186th Semiannual General Conference – Priesthood Session
- 186th Semiannual General Conference – Sunday Morning General Session
- 186th Semiannual General Conference – Sunday Afternoon General Session
- 186th Semiannual General Conference – Post-conference notes