Between the afternoon session and the priesthood session, my father, my brother-in-law, and I went out for dinner together. I ate so much Chinese food I thought I was going to burst! Not a good idea when you have to sit down for two hours.
Even after eating for an hour and a half, we made it to the church on time for the broadcast.
President Dieter F Uchtdorf conducted
A Melchizedek Priesthood choir provided the music
The choir sang Rise Up, O Men of God
Elder Richard G Hinckley offered the invocation
The choir sang I Need Thee Every Hour
Elder Jeffrey R Holland
- We sometimes gloss over the menacing confrontation before the First Vision
In this battle you need to be more morally clean than you are now
We need YM already on the team to stay on the team
Be active and be clean. If required, get active and get clean
From every priesthood holder I ask for a stronger voice
- Satan is real
- He is eternally opposed to the love of God, the atonement, and peace
Bishop Keith B McMullin
- Duty, properly carried out, affects our destiny
- Spoke to the YM about being born again and developing priesthood power
Elder W Christoper Waddell
- The Lord knows where he wants each missionary to serve
- You learn things for the rest of your life
- In order for the blessings to continue, you need to remain faithful
- Arrive on your mission with a testimony of the Book of Mormon
- Arrive on your mission knowing how to have the Spirit with you
- Arrive on your mission ready to work
The choir and congregation sang the intermediate hymn. I sang it but didn’t write it down, and now I can’t think of it.
President Dieter F Uchtdorf
- Experienced the church welfare program when he was a child
- This year marks the 75th anniversary of the church welfare program
- We care for the poor and needy because we love God and love our fellow man
- Our spiritual life is that, a life. It is to be lived
- This very hour there are many members of the church who need help
- Do not think this is someone else’s responsibility. It is yours and mine.
- It will take all of us
President Henry B Eyring
- Priesthood preparation
- Am I prepared?
- Be an example of the word in deed
- You can work harder than you think you can
President Thomas S Monson
- The young people today think morals are a matter of personal taste
- We should not have any question about what is moral
- These laws are unchanging
- Do we have the courage to stand strong in the face of opposition?
- Dare to be a Mormon!
The choir sang Come, Ye Children of the Lord
Elder Koichi Aoyagi offered the benediction
Read the recaps and other notes from the 181st Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
Posted in Mormon Church Hierarchy, Mormon Church Meetings, Mormon General Conference
Tagged 181st semiannual general conference, atonement, benediction, book of mormon, chinese food, church welfare, come ye children of the lord, Dieter F. Uchtdorf, first vision, general conference, Henry B. Eyring, i need thee every hour, invocation, Jeffrey R. Holland, Keith B. McMullin, Koichi Aoyagi, lds, Mormon, priesthood holder, priesthood session, richard g hinckley, rise up o men of god, the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints, thomas s. monson, w christopher waddell, welfare program