That was one of the questions that Elder Jeffery Olson and Elder Larry Echo Hawk asked me during my interview when our stake presidency was changed. I have thought about it every day since. I’m not sure why it has struck me as such a profound question, but it has. I have reflected on what it means, and what I can do to improve my ability to receive revelation.
I plan on a more in-depth posting on revelation soon (it is also the topic in May for the new youth curriculum), but for now I’ll post some of the questions I’ve been thinking about:
- Do you know how to receive revelation?
- Do you recognize revelation when it comes?
- Are you asking for revelation?
- It is “easy” to understand how revelation pertains to Church life, but do you understand that revelation can be received for literally EVERYTHING in your life?
- Are you aware of the things in your life that would stop you from receiving revelation?
- When you receive revelation, do you act on it?
As I said, I’ll have a more thorough post later, but these are some questions to get you thinking…