Another General Conference, another 10 hours. This was the first time we had watched all of the sessions at home (other than Priesthood Session), and we loved it. We missed seeing some of the other members, but being able to watch it on our 46″ flat screen TV in HD at home was fantastic!
I made it through the first 3 general sessions and the priesthood session without any problem. I got a little sleepy during the last session. However, I still managed to watch every minute of each session, and here are a few thoughts:
- My favourite talk was probably Elder Kent F Richards from the first session. He spoke about the purpose of pain
- When I heard that this was the 75th anniversary of the welfare program of the Church, I was a little worried that every talk was going to be about that topic. I think that there was a good balance.
- I think most people agree, but President Uchtdorf is a great speaker
- I enjoyed the Saturday Morning and Sunday Afternoon sessions the most
Read the recaps and other notes from the 181st Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- 181st Annual General Conference – Pre-conference notes
- 181st Annual General Conference – Saturday Morning General Session
- 181st Annual General Conference – Saturday Afternoon General Session
- 181st Annual General Conference – Priesthood Session
- 181st Annual General Conference – Sunday Morning General Session
- 181st Annual General Conference – Sunday Afternoon General Session
- 181st Annual General Conference – Post-conference notes