Now that General Conference is over, here are a few random thoughts/notes:
- best line of the conference (in my opinion) was when President Monson said that “your future is as bright as your faith”. That really puts things back on us
- Elder Andersen seemed very humble. I’ve read some grumblings on the Internet about how he’s another white guy from Utah. That may be true, but it doesn’t mean that he’s not the man whom the Lord wants
- The Church had about 265,000 convert baptisms in 2008. During the press conference, Elder Andersen said that over 40,000 convert baptisms were in Brazil. If those numbers are true and are talking about the same sorts of statistics, that is amazing that around 1/6 of the convert baptisms in the Church are happening in one country
- The music was great as always. I thought “Sweet Hour of Prayer” during the Sunday Morning session was perfect.
- There seemed to be lots of “pep” talks… talks that encouraged us to be strong, endure, and have faith
- Isn’t President Uchtdorf is great?!
- A kid in my ward wore a Batman mask during the Sunday morning session
- There were several talks on the temple. I guess this ties into the “pep” talks above. Go to the temple and feel the strength there.
- There were fewer talks on budgeting than I expected
- I have a hard time getting through all 10 hours. I don’t know how the people up on the stand do it.
Read the recaps from the sessions of the 179th Annual General Conference