Sorry for the slow posting this week. The time that I would normally spend on the blog has been spent listening to the Terryl Givens podcast from Mormon Stories. I don’t listen to many of the Mormon Stories podcasts, but this one is definitely worth your time. There are 5 sections, so it takes about 5 hours to get through, but they are fantastic!
Tag Archives: podcasts
I go for a 3-4 km walk every day at lunch. While I’m walking, I like to listen to podcasts, talks, etc. One that I’ve read and listened to is by President Monson. On September 15, 2009 he gave a BYU Devotional address called Principles From Prophets. I remember reading about it when it first was given, but it took me a while to finally listen to it.
- Salt Lake Tribune – Monson shares memories of prior LDS presidents
- Deseret News – Pres. Monson recounts details on 9 of his predecessors
- KSL TV – President Monson offers advice, hope to BYU students
During the devotional, President Monson shares stories about the prophets that have been alive while he has been alive. He shares a characteristic, favourite food, song, and some personal anecdotes about Heber J Grant, George Albert Smith, David O McKay, Joseph Fielding Smith, Harold B Lee, Spencer W Kimball, Ezra Taft Benson, Howard W Hunter, and Gordon B Hinckley. I love to hear some of the “behind-the-scenes” stuff that was shared. I wish we heard this sort of thing more often.
I had a few drafts and was going to post about these separately, but I’ve collected enough that I’ll just do one update. Here are a few more sub-domains that the Church has that all conveniently redirect you to the appropriate section of the main LDS.org site.
- http://podcasts.lds.org/ or http://rss.lds.org/ – redirects to a page where you can find all of the podcasts and rss feeds (both sub-domains take you to the same place)
- http://yw.lds.org/ or http://youngwomen.lds.org/ – redirects to Young Women area of the Serving in the Church section (both sub-domains take you to the same place)
- http://reliefsociety.lds.org/ – redirects to the Relief Society area of the Serving in the Church section (note that unlike the additional abbreviated sub-domain for YM, there is no rs.lds.org sub-domain that works as of right now)
- http://clerk.lds.org/ – redirects to the Clerk and Technology Support area of the Serving in the Church section
I’ve added these to the Official web sites of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints page and also reorganized that page a bit.