First off, I’m sorry for the lack of posts. As I mentioned before, we’ve moved, and I’ve been so busy patching/sanind/priming/painting/laying floor/changing outlets and of course, working at a job and serving in my calling, I just haven’t had a chance to post much. It seems that things are settling down now a bit, and so posts should become more regular.
Anyway, there have been an awful lot of posts over the last couple of days about the new Mormon Channel. This is a radio “service” that the Church has started up. It will be broadcast online, as well as via HDRadio in markets where the Church/Bonneville owns/runs regular stations.
The official site describes it this way:
The Mormon Channel is the official radio station of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The channel originates from Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah and broadcasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Content for the station comes from the vast archives of the Church, along with several new series created specifically for this station. The Mormon Channel also features great programming from various partner organizations, including Deseret Book, Bonneville International, Deseret News, LDS Business College, and the campuses of Brigham Young University.
I’m curious to see what kind of content they use. They of course have to be careful with using non-official material, as then they would in effect be approving it. It would seem that everything would have to be Church-produced. In some cases this is a good thing, in others it might make it a bad thing. Only time will tell.
The site runs on a sub-domain of the main LDS.org domain. I’ve added Radio.LDS.Org to the Official web sites of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints page.
I had a few drafts and was going to post about these separately, but I’ve collected enough that I’ll just do one update. Here are a few more sub-domains that the Church has that all conveniently redirect you to the appropriate section of the main LDS.org site.
I’ve added these to the Official web sites of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints page and also reorganized that page a bit.
Posted in Mormon Church on the Web (Official)
Tagged clerk, feeds, podcast, podcasts, Relief Society, RS, rss, serving in the church, sub-domain, young women, yw
Along with the announcement of the new Spanish version of the Bible, there is a new sub-domain. Visiting SantaBiblia.LDS.org takes you to a very nice section of the LDS.org web site that has a preview and explanations of the new features.
I’ve added this to the Official web sites of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints page.
To go along with my post from Friday about the new Gospel Art Book, apparently the Church has had a sub-domain for a while where you can browse the available image libraries. GospelArt.LDS.org redirects you to a part of the Gospel Library. You can view photographs of scriptural sites, Church History sites, and temples, as well as the (almost) complete Gospel Art Picture Kit. I commented in that last post that I figured there were some copyrighted material, and there does seem to be some pictures missing, but the vast majority of them are there.
I’ve added this to the Official web sites of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints page. There are now 59 different official web resources listed.
I was reviewing some Mormonopia site statistics the other day, and noticed that at least one visitor had come from Church headquarters in Salt Lake City. I looked up the IP information and found that the church has been allocated hundreds of IPs. I did a quick scan of those IPs to see if they resolved to any domains, and came up with the following list.
- allocation.lds.org – Allocation for Church-service Missionaries and Volunteer Labor. I’ve added this to the Official web sites of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints page.
- avdelivery.ldschurch.org – DigiDelivery Server
- beta.scriptures.lds.org – seems to be the same as the regular Scriptures sub-domain
- chqmonitor.ldschurch.org – nothing loads
- chqmonitor02.ldschurch.org – nothing loads
- chqmonitor2.ldschurch.org – nothing loads
- chqmpapp.ldschurch.org – nothing loads
- chqmpweb1.ldschurch.org – Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
- chqmpweb1conf.ldschurch.org – nothing loads
- dss.saa.ldschurch.org – nothing loads
- fchifolder.ldschurch.org – Novell Open Enterprise Server
- ldsteam.org – nothing loads
- letter.lds.org – redirects to the Official Communications Library. I’ve added this sub-domain to the Official web sites of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints page.
- lists.lds.org – nothing loads
- liveupdate.ldschurch.org – a password protected site that I assume (based on the LiveUpdate name) has to do with a Symantec product
- liveupdate2.ldschurch.org – nothing loads
- mail1.gmhwh.org – nothing loads
- mail2.gmhwh.org – nothing loads
- mail3.gmhwh.org – nothing loads
- ns1.intellectualreserveinc.org – nothing loads
- ns2.intellectualreserveinc.org – nothing loads
- ns3.intellectualreserveinc.org – nothing loads
- ns4.intellectualreserveinc.org – nothing loads
- ocsabs.ldschurch.org – nothing loads
- oos.ldschurch.org – redirects to Mormon.org
- papersofjosephsmith.net – redirecst to JosephSmithPapers.org, a domain I did not know about. I’ve added this to the Official web sites of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints page.
- www.beta.itsaboutlove.org – a much nicer version of the adoption section of the Provident Living site.