A Day in the Life of a Creative Writer Mad at Google
We only have 1,440 minutes in a day, and we can never get one back – so it pays to truly focus on getting the most out of our creative moments.
How China Is Using Artificial Intelligence in Classrooms | WSJ
A growing number of classrooms in China are equipped with artificial-intelligence cameras and brain-wave trackers. While many parents and teachers see them as tools to improve grades, they’ve become some children’s worst nightmare.
Video: Crystal Tai
More from the Wall Street Journal:
Visit WSJ.com: http://www.wsj.com
Visit the WSJ Video Center: https://wsj.com/video
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/wsj/videos/
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/WSJ
On Snapchat: https://on.wsj.com/2ratjSM
#WSJ #ArtificialIntelligence #China
Day in the life of an author | My writing routine | First week as a full-time writer.
Join me for a day in the life as I write my next book! I’m walking through everything I do in a day that supports my writing process!
Jurassic World Screenwriter Tries to Write a Scene in 7 Minutes | Vanity Fair
We challenged screenwriter Emily Carmichael to write a scene on camera–in seven minutes. Emily talks through her process and takes us into the mind of a screenwriter. She had only seven minutes to write the first draft, five minutes to write the second draft, and three minutes to write the third draft–see what she ended up with.
Still haven’t subscribed to Vanity Fair on YouTube? ►► http://bit.ly/2z6Ya9M
Want to stay in the know? Subscribe to Vanity Fair Magazine and be exquisitely informed ►► http://vntyfr.com/2RuQGW2
ABOUT VANITY FAIR
Arts and entertainment, business and media, politics, and world affairs—Vanity Fair’s features and exclusive videos capture the people, places, and ideas that define modern culture.
Writing Advice from Neil Gaiman | Discover MasterClass | MasterClass
One of the central tools of literature is using the “lie” of a made-up story to tell a human truth. Neil shows you how to make your story’s world—no matter how outlandish—feel real to readers.
Learn more about Neil Gaiman’s MasterClass at: https://mstr.cl/2Y9HpYn
Named one of the Dictionary of Literary Biography’s top ten living post-modern writers, Neil Gaiman may be one of the most awarded and prolific writers alive. He has received the Newbery and Carnegie Medals, and his writing has been awarded four Hugos, two Nebulas, one World Fantasy Award, and nine Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, among many other honors.
Not constrained by genre or medium, Neil’s work includes poetry, short stories, journalism, novels, graphic novels, screenplays, and books for young readers. In Neil Gaiman’s MasterClass, the author of Coraline, American Gods, Stardust, and The Sandman series teaches his approach to the art and craft of storytelling.
In his MasterClass, Neil Gaiman will teach you his creative process for generating original ideas and building those ideas into stories, worlds, and characters that engage and fascinate. Using some of his most celebrated work as case studies, he’ll teach you how he crafts convincing characters and stories driven by essential truths. In Neil’s MasterClass, you’ll learn to find your unique voice as a storyteller, seek inspiration in unexpected places, and breathe life into your characters.
Through 4+ hours of video lessons and a customized workbook tailored to each chapter, Neil teaches you:
• Worldbuilding techniques that create a sense of credibility and authenticity
• Ideas for combating writer’s block and tackling fear
• How to identify and develop the narrative voice of a story
• How he uses humor, dialogue, and rich description to bring a story to life
• How to find a story’s core elements and use them as a guide
• How he fuses ideas together to build unexpected and original concepts
• How to make dialogue distinct and memorable
• How he makes the most of unique storytelling opportunities in comics
• How he collaborates with artists for graphic novels
• His approach to writing short fiction that feels like magic
More from MasterClass:
• Dan Brown Teaches Writing Thrillers: https://www.masterclass.com/db
• Margaret Atwood Teaches Creative Writing: https://www.masterclass.com/ma
• R. L. Stine Teaches Writing for Young Audiences: https://www.masterclass.com/rls
MasterClass makes it possible for anyone to learn from the best. Get inspired with classes from 75+ world-renowned instructors on cooking, photography, writing, performance, and much more. Watch video lessons anytime, anywhere on mobile, desktop, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
• Subscribe: https://mstr.cl/30SH1wj
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/masterclassofficial
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/masterclass
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/masterclass
#MasterClass #NeilGaiman #storytelling